1st Year 2023 Enrolment
Thank you for your interest in Carrick-on-Shannon Community School.
The enrolment process for our 1st Year Class of 2023/2024 will soon open.
Annual Admissions Notice
You will find our Annual Admissions Notice via the link below:
1st Year Enrolment 2023/ 2024 & Junior Cycle Enrolments 2023/ 2024
To enrol in the Junior Cycle Programme in Carrick-on-Shannon Community School, you are aksed to complete two forms in line with our Admissions Policy, which is in line with national policy in this area.
- Complete and submit the online Junior Cycle Enrolment Form (Stage 1) This is the process by which you notify the school of your intention to enrol your daughter/ son. If you are unable to complete the form online, make an appointment to come to the school and complete the form there. This form will be available from the 30th November 2022. The closing date for the receipt of this form is the 21st December 2022 at 1pm.
- If your child is transferring from another secondary school to Carrick-on-Shannon Community School, please download the Student Information Request Form by clicking here and ask the Principal of your child's current school to complete the form and return it to The Principal, Carrick-on-Shannon Community School, Co. Leitrim. The information collected on this form should not be made available to Carrick-on-Shannon Community School until after you have received an offer of a place in the Community School.
- The school will acknowledge the receipt of your application to enrol and you will be invited to confirm acceptance of your child's place in Carrick-on-Shannon Communtiy School.
- On receiving the offer of a place in the Community School, you will be invited to complete your child's registration in the school. At this stage you should complete and submit the Junior Cycle Enrolment Form (Stage 2). This form, which will be available online from the 20th January 2023, seeks further information from you (permissions etc.) which is used to verify the information on the Stage 1 Form and to complete the Department of Education P-Pod student file. This form must be completed by the 10th February 2023. If this form is not completed by this date, the school will determine that the student no longer wishes to attend Carrick-on-Shannon Community School and all information on Enrolment Form (Stage 1) will be removed from our records.
- We are required by law to confirm the identity of each student seeking to enrol in Carrick-on-Shannon Community School. All applicants must provide the following prior to starting in the school:
- * Two passport photographs
- * A copy of a birth certificate
- * Proof of address.
To help you with picking your subjects, our two Guidance Councellors have prepared a short PowerPoint document for you to view:
We look forward to seeing you in Carrick-on-Shannon Community School!