All those working with children or vulnerable persons are now required to be Garda Vetted under the The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016.
All teachers are vetted through the Teaching Council and must share their Digitary Vetting with the Board of Management prior to commencing employment in Carrick-on-Shannon C.S. New staff members (substitute or otherwise) are also required to complete a Statutory Declaration Form.
Students, Non-Teaching Staff and Volunteers
All others (including students over the age of 16 who wish to participate in our Work Experience Programme) are required to be vetted through the Association of Community and Comprehensive Schools. (A.C.C.S)
To work (in a position other than as a teacher) or volunteer in Carrick-on-Shannon Community School please:
- Complete the NVB 1 Invitation Form and return it to the school. Forms should be downloaded and the information requested typed onto the form prior to printing and signing.
- All NVB 1 forms must be accompanied by (a) a document showing proof of address (utility bill etc.) and (b) photographic identification. This is a requirement by law.
- Download and complete the Statutory Declaration Form.
- The above forms must be returned to the Principal, Community School, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim. N41 VX63. Do not return these forms to the ACCS as the school is required to verify the identity of the applicant prior to forwarding the required documentation to the A.C.C.S.
Vetting for those over the age of 16 but not yet 18
If you are over the age of 16 but not yet 18, please:
- Download and complete the NVB 1 Invitation Form. Forms should be downloaded and the information requested typed onto the form prior to printing and signing.
- Your parents/ guardians are required to download and complete the NVB 3 Parent/ Guardian Consent Form All NVB 3 forms must be accompanied by (a) a document showing proof of address (utility bill etc.) and (b) photographic idenitification. This is a requirement by law.
- Return the NVB 1 and NVB 3 forms to the Principal, Community School, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, N41 VX63.
- Do not return these forms to the ACCS.
- On receiving the vetting application forms, the school will forward these documents to the A.C.C.S. and the applicant's parents/ guardians will receive an email seeking further information.
- On completion of the process, the school will receive notification and the evetting certificate will be available for the applicant.
Vetting for students under the age of 16
Students under the age of 16 are not required to be Garda Vetted.